How to Try Training Software Before Making a Big Commitment
In the quest to find a perfect learning management system (LMS), it would be ideal if free training software was available for a company or educational institution to use. Unfortunately, finding something free beyond a trial period is understandably unlikely. That said, understanding the different types of LMS options available will help you find the software solution to your company's eLearning needs.
Understanding LMS Software Pricing
The cost of an LMS is determined by a number of factors. A more robust system will cost less than something that is very basic. Also, the type of LMS platform that you procure will have an impact on the cost. Not all of the expenses are evident up front, so it's important to do your research and understand exactly what you are buying. An LMS that you have to toss and start over is never going to be an economical choice.
Types of LMS
The two types of LMS software commonly found on the market are proprietary and open source.
- Open Source: This is an option where you purchase the LMS software with open programming and complete it yourself based on your company's design. This requires an extensive amount of time and programming expertise.
- Proprietary: With this option, you purchase a subscription to a vendor supported LMS. Instead of doing the programming yourself, it's already completely done for you. You can personalize features of the LMS with your logo and other preferences. Beyond that, the programming and technical support is handled by the vendor.
If you only take into consideration the initial price of the LMS software, the open source option may appear to be less expensive. Once you add in the cost of additional features, technical support, and the extensive amount of time and resources for the programming, the cost will increase dramatically. With a proprietary, or vendor-supported LMS, the cost is readily apparent upfront. Neither option is going to give you completely free training software, but you can find an LMS that meets your needs and your budget.
Litmos offers a free trial of their proprietary LMS. They have users from companies and educational institutions all around the globe. Take a look at this offer and see if the free training software trial can help you decide on an LMS for your needs.[:in]
Leverage Litmos LMS System For Online Training
A Learning Management System (LMS) offers the necessary tool, infrastructure and framework to facilitate online learning or training.
- Manages administrative part of the educational process
- Offers key services to host and deliver your training content
- Educational courses can be added easily
When trying some of the free LMS systems , here are some pointers for evaluation.
- Speed of implementation
- Ease of use
- Customization of look and feel
- Instructor-led training module
- Mobile support
- Comprehensive API platform
- E-commerce capabilities
Litmos is a robust Learning Management System (LMS) that employees and trainers love to teach and learn from. Online trainers can build courses, assign them to learners and track the results. Litmos is cloud-hosted, which means there is no need to depend on IT department to set it up. It is absolutely free to sign up and start building courses in minutes. Start your trial now.