Get more information on IT training software
Finding information about IT training software isn't always an easy process. Typically companies like to use a learning management system (LMS) as the software platform to help manage their overall eLearning training objectives. Selecting an LMS requires an understanding of the technical strengths and weaknesses between different software options on the market.
Determine LMS Goals
One of the first things a company must do in the quest for finding a perfect IT training software is to look at what they hope to accomplish by using it. The training department will ideally have a discussion with executive leadership to make sure that both understand one another. Having discussions about training design, reporting needs, and LMS oversight responsibilities will help set the course for what features your LMS must have. Once those preliminaries have been worked out, it's time to start looking at the more technical aspects of the LMS.
Review Programming Options
Once you have established goals you hope to accomplish with the LMS, the training department will then need to meet with the IT staff. Discussing what kind of IT support will be available on an ongoing basis for the LMS will play a role in what kind of LMS option you select. The IT staff and training staff should work together to select the LMS.
- Proprietary LMS: An LMS platform software subscription that doesn't require technical programing by your company. It's ready to use on the day of purchase with the exception of minor personalization, adding users, and adding training content. The software is entirely vendor supported, so they handle technical support for you.
- Open source LMS: This LMS platform is purchased with the programming still open so that it can be fully customized based on the needs of your company. It requires a significant investment of time and energy to get started. The ongoing technical support is handled by your organization.
Another good idea for selecting an LMS is to look at the free trial offered by Litmos. This company offers a vendor-supported proprietary software that is used all over the world. Having a chance to try it out for free means that your training and IT staff can really use it before making a final selection. Give it a try and see if this is the answer to your IT training software needs.[:in]
Leverage Litmos LMS System For Online Training
A Learning Management System (LMS) offers the necessary tool, infrastructure and framework to facilitate online learning or training.
- Manages administrative part of the educational process
- Offers key services to host and deliver your training content
- Educational courses can be added easily
When trying some of the free LMS systems , here are some pointers for evaluation.
- Speed of implementation
- Ease of use
- Customization of look and feel
- Instructor-led training module
- Mobile support
- Comprehensive API platform
- E-commerce capabilities
Litmos is a robust Learning Management System (LMS) that employees and trainers love to teach and learn from. Online trainers can build courses, assign them to learners and track the results. Litmos is cloud-hosted, which means there is no need to depend on IT department to set it up. It is absolutely free to sign up and start building courses in minutes. Start your trial now.