How using an LMS for non-profit can make the difference
Using a learning management system (LMS) for nonprofit organizations can be a vital piece of saving money and introducing efficiencies to how your nonprofit organization manages training. In situations where every dollar counts, allowing your staff to spend their valuable resources developing training and pushing it out to the LMS, instead of singlehandedly managing a training program, can make positive differences that are reflected organization wide. In this situation, it's even more important than usual to make sure you select the best LMS software meets your training needs.
How an LMS Can Help You Save Time and Money
There are a number of ways that an LMS for nonprofit organizations can save time and money. How this happens will vary to some degree depending on how you're currently spending your training dollars. Some places that organizations often see relief in their budget or staff time includes:
- Free staff from having to present training multiple times. They create one file and load it to the LMS so it can be used repeatedly while it's relevant.
- If the organization spans a large geographic area, significant savings can be realized in the travel budget.
- If space rental is a common expense, that can be reduced or eliminated.
- A training coordinator who manually tracks compliance with training completion can easily access data with the touch of a button, possibly freeing up time to work on other assignments.
- Out-of-the-box non-profit training courses can easily be uploaded and distributed to non-technical employees and volunteers.
- If you have to wait and get enough new hires together to do a training class, you might have people on the clock but not productive waiting for a class to begin. Using an LMS will allow you to start training someone as soon as the need arises.
Choosing an LMS for Your Organization
As a nonprofit organization administrator, you may be operating on a very limited budget. Making the right selection for your LMS will be a critical decision with long term ramifications. If people hate it or it's difficult to use, it's unlikely that it will allow you to realize as much success or savings as an intuitive and easy to use option. Take a look at Litmos. They have an LMS used by organizations of all sizes with a very high success rate. You can try this software for free to see if you like it before committing to a purchase. Go ahead and sign up for the free 14 day trial and see if this is the LMS you need for your nonprofit organization.