How to Use the 10-Minute Rule in Your Instructor-led Training
Now that eLearning has grown in popularity, organizations of all kinds are looking for web training software that can help support this approach to learning. One solution to this inquiry is to invest in a learning management system (LMS). This software platform can help manage all aspects of eLearning in an environment that is easy to use for both learners and training coordinators.
LMS and Your Training Program
The benefit of using web training software is that you eliminate many common obstacles to learning such as geographic location, time constraints, and sometimes budgetary concerns. An LMS can help you manage your entire eLearning program. Some features you will find in most LMS software are:
- Ability to communicate with students. You can send messages to everyone in a particular course, or interact with specific users through a messaging relay system or email.
- Easily make assignments to specific groups of users. Whether you are running an educational institution or a company with different departments, you can specify who you want to complete certain assignments. This helps tremendously with training coordination.
- Complete training assignments. Learners can receive their assignment and complete it wherever they are.
- Evaluate learning through assessments. If testing or assessments are important for a grade, or even just to see that students understand what they just learned, you'll find the process to be very simple within the scope of most LMS software.
- Reporting capabilities. Managing who has completed courses, how they scored, and other pertinent specifics of training can be compiled into easy to access reports.
Overall, an LMS can help save you time and resources as you eliminate the need for multiple sources of recordkeeping. The cost of purchasing LMS software or an LMS subscription may seem intimidating at first, but it really can help save money with increased productivity and efficiency. Once you start using an LMS, you'll see that there are really no limits to your instructional design creativity.
Try Web Training Software for Free
Litmos offers a free trial of their proprietary LMS software. You can use this software and see how easy it is to load users and training data. This particular piece of software is intuitive for all users. Give it a try and see how this web training software can make your job easier.