Revenue Cycle Regulations & Compliance Review 2019
This course introduces and reviews various rules from HIPAA to the Medicare Three-Day Payment Rule and other regulations created by both the federal government and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in an effort to keep the revenue cycle in compliance.
- Discuss the Federal Trade Commission Red Flag Rule.
- Define the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), including the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act).
- Discuss the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA).
- Describe the Consolidate Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), including the premium assistance provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
- Explain the Medicare Secondary Payer provisions (MSP).
- And more …