As a follow on to my last post on writing effective training material, these are some simple ideas that anyone can incorporate in to their writing to make emails, documents and training information more concise and effective for the audience.
5 Helpful Tips for Presenting Information:
- Establish a flow for your document so the information unfolds for the reader in a logical order that is easy to follow
- Keep fonts clean and simple
- Add headings, bullet points, diagrams and tables to your document so it is easy for the reader to find the information they’re looking for
- Whether it’s an email or a formal document, the information you include should be what the audience needs to know, not what you want to tell them
- Avoid too much duplication of information (your readers may think it’s a reflection on their intelligence!)
Check here for more posts on training course design.