Leading Learning – Discrimination Prevention
Promoting diversity in the workplace means valuing the contribution of workers from all ages and backgrounds and removing barriers that prevent people from participating. When we provide equal opportunities for all workers to achieve their potential, we create a fairer workplace, free from discrimination.
Workplaces that reward merit and promote diversity can see benefits beyond complying with the law. For these reasons, and many others, it’s critical that workers in your organization understand how discrimination is defined, the forms it can take and what you can do to prevent it.
- Definition of discrimination and its common forms
- Why discrimination is a workplace issue
- Behaviors that could be considered as discrimination
- The impact discrimination has on its victim
- What you can do if you feel you are being discriminated against
- Ways to prevent discrimination