To improve the effectiveness of learning, Managers play a key role in monitoring learner progress. Managers need a quick snapshot of the key learning statistics of their direct reports and a means of actioning any concerns. The Manager View Insights feature highlights exceptions such as overdue learning and compliance and solves the questions managers need to know at a glance: how many on my team have outstanding learning, and who are they?
What is in the Manager View?
The Manager View contains the following menu items depending on the Litmos configuration:
- Insights (as a replacement for “Direct Reports”)
The Manager Insights page contains five reports:
- Not Compliant
- In Retake
- Due Soon
How to enable the Insights feature?
To take advantage of the new Insights feature, turn the toggle ON. In the system, the toggle is currently turned off by default. To enable the new Manager Reports Insights View , you can turn the toggle ‘on’ at the brand level. You can find the toggle by going to Account Settings > Theme for the default brand (, or under Account Settings> Brands if using the Brands feature). This can only be enabled by an Account Owner.
It is now called ‘Insights.’ You can find this feature by logging into the Learner View and selecting Manager > Insights.
The Manager View Insights opens on the non-Compliant report. You will see a panel that shows the types of reports available with a count of active records for each report:
- In Retake
- Due Soon
This report displays a list of learners who have not yet completed an assigned compliance course. This includes learners on their initial attempt who are not currently complete, as well as learners who are on subsequent attempts and are past their compliant until date.
The list contains learners whose assignment is currently overdue.
In-Retake reports show records of learners who have Compliance courses assigned to them that they have taken in the past and are currently in the retake period. The learners, in this case, are currently complaint, but are still on the manager’s radar as they are in the period when they should retake that course.
Tip: You can always track communication with the learners and see when the last reminder emails have been sent to them. Reminder emails can be seen in the status column of these reports or by clicking on the learner’s name to see their learner record.
Due Soon Report
Under Due Soon, you can view courses where the content is due within the next 30 days. You can see learners’ statuses, their assignment and due dates. You can see who might need some prompting to complete their learning.
You now have an enhanced version of the Direct Reports that gives a snapshot of how each learner is doing. The stats tell you how many assigned courses the learner has, all overdue, not started, and completed courses. You can see how many times the learner has logged in in the past 30 days and what was their last time in Litmos.
The following columns give you a more granular view of the learner progress:
- User: the name of the user
- Courses Assigned: count of courses assigned (does not include courses assigned as part of an LP)
- Overdue Courses: count of courses assigned that are currently overdue (does not include courses assigned as part of an LP)
- Not Started Courses: count of courses assigned that are currently not started (does not include courses assigned as part of an LP)
- Completed Courses: count of courses assigned that are currently complete (does not include courses assigned as part of an LP)
- Assigned LPs: count of learning paths currently assigned
- Not Started LPs: count of learning paths assigned that are currently not started
- Completed LPs: count of learning paths assigned that are currently complete
- Logins last 30 days: Count of logins from this user in the last 30 days
- Last Login: Date of last login of user
Across all Manager View reports data displayed will include some of the following columns (varies depending on report):
- User: the name of the user
- Status: not started, overdue, progress %
- Learning Path: whether a course is part of a Learning Path
- Course: the course name
- Assigned date: the date when the course was assigned
- Compliant Until: the date at which this course is/was compliant until
- Due date: the date when the course is/was due
- Start date: if a learner has started the course, you will see the start date
- Assignment type: you will see if it was an Admin who assigned or a team
(Insights report details are noted above separately)
If you are looking for a specific user’s records, search by their name in the search box in any of the Manager Insights reports. Only Active users are displayed in the Manager view reports.
Select any name if you want more information about the learner. From there, you can access the learner’s record, landing on the courses tab.
Please Note: If a learner belongs to more than one team and these teams have the same learning path assigned to each, the system will display both records in the reports.
For any report that has no outstanding learners, a message will appear. The report data count will also display as 0.
Please Note: Self-assigned and inactive courses are not included in any reports under the Manager Insights view. You will only see the courses that have been assigned (via a team or administrator). If you would like to see self-assigned courses, you can find them under Manager > Reports.
The reminder emails sent will automatically vary based on the report you are sending from.
- Overdue and Due soon reports – Course Due Date Reminder
- In Retake report – Course compliance reminder email
- Not Compliant Report will send- Course Compliance Overdue reminder – if the learner is past due with the compliance course (past compliant until date). Users on their first attempt with due dates can be sent reminders from the due soon or overdue reports.
All Manager Insights reports can be downloaded.
- Select the Report name
- Click the ‘Export this report’ button to download the report as a CSV file.
- Add a Report title
- Click Run
- Select the report name under Created Reports to download
Please Note: If there is no data in your report at the time it is generated, the csv file will generate with headings only.
Coming Soon. Please keep an eye on Litmos Release Notes for details.
The Direct Reports page displays summary data on all direct reports. This menu has now been replaced by the Insights Menu detailed above.
The Direct Reports page displays the following summary data (which includes self-assigned courses and learning paths):
- Total Courses Assigned: count of courses assigned (includes courses assigned as part of an LP)
- Courses completed: count of courses assigned that are currently complete (includes courses assigned as part of an LP)
- Total Learning Paths Assigned: count of learning paths currently assigned
- Learning Paths completed: count of learning paths assigned that are currently complete
- Status: Active/Inactive
- Access Level: Learner/Team Leader/ Team Admin/ Administrator/Account Owner
- Last Login: Date of last login of user
- Brand: Brand user is associated with
Please Note: Direct Reports (Manager View V1) will be retired in late 2023. Further details to be provided in Litmos Release Notes.
Enrollment Approvals give administrators the power to decide which Learners can be granted permission to enroll in a Learning Path or Course. This feature can be useful when the course or learning path requires pre-certification, payment, CEU qualification or similar enrollment requirements.
When a Learner wants to take a Course or Learning Path that is showing in the Course Library, they will see the “Start Course/ Learning Path” button. When the Learner pushes this button, they will be prompted with a popup message for Request Approval. When the Learner clicks “Request Approval” it will send an email to the individuals responsible for the enrollment approval. These admins then have the power to either approve or reject the Learner’s request to enroll in the respective course or learning path.
Managers can switch to the Approvals menu to see what approval need to be confirmed or denied.
- Select the “Waiting Approval” tag
- Select “Approve” or “Reject” and provide a Rejection reason
The Learner will then receive an email notifying them that they have been approved or rejected along with the rejection reason.
For further details please see this related help article: Enrollment Approvals
Escalations are a way to include (CC) people such as a Manager, Administrator, or other User on Learners’ reminder email notifications to notify them that a user is approaching, or has passed a Due Date or Compliance Date for Courses.
Managers can access the escalations for their direct reports under the Escalations menu.
For further details please see this related help article: Escalations
The Manager View Reports provides managers with access to a selection of reporting engine reports on their direct reports. Available reports in this menu include:
- User Summary People Report
- Details Results Course Report.
These reports can be filtered and/or scheduled to suit the requirements of individual managers.
For further details please see this related help article: Reporting Engine Overview