Learn more about hosted learning management systems
To streamline the oversight and delivery of eLearning content, your organization will likely benefit from a Hosted Learning Management System. A Learning Management System (LMS) can be as simple or robust as you need. With many different LMS software options on the market, learning the lingo and how they differ from one another can help you narrow down your selection.
Why Use an LMS?
An LMS is a key part of utilizing eLearning platforms. You can incorporate all of your training material in once place where it’s easily accessible by your employees. Designated officials have the ability to assign courses to employees and then track that the courses have been completed. In situations where compliance is important, an LMS can be a tremendous time saver.
What are the Different Types of Hosted Learning Management Systems?
- Locally Hosted – stored on your organization’s own servers. Your organization will be fully responsible for management and oversight of this option.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – this LMS is hosted on the vendor’s server. Your training data will be stored in the “cloud.”
Advantages & Disadvantages of LMS Hosting Options
- Highly customizable and can function less like an “off the shelf” kind of product.
- Depending on the sensitivity of training material or data collected, your organization may prefer to have all content stored on your own servers.
- Initial set-up and implementation may take a while depending on your agency structure and IT abilities.
- Requires on-site technical expertise to manage on an ongoing basis.
- Quick to set up and get started.
- No IT or server requirements needed. The software company will manage all of this for you.
- Time can be spent on developing training instead of managing LMS.
- May be less customizable than a locally hosted option.
With so many LMS options on the market today, your organization will have no trouble finding one that meets your specific needs. An LMS with an easy interface for both management and employees is critical to your success with this eLearning platform. If you’re ready to look at a cloud-hosted Learning Management System, look at the free trial offer offered by Litmos and see what this type of software can do for you.[:in]
Leverage Litmos LMS System For Online Training
A Learning Management System (LMS) offers the necessary tool, infrastructure and framework to facilitate online learning or training.
- Manages administrative part of the educational process
- Offers key services to host and deliver your training content
- Educational courses can be added easily
When trying some of the free LMS systems , here are some pointers for evaluation.
- Speed of implementation
- Ease of use
- Customization of look and feel
- Instructor-led training module
- Mobile support
- Comprehensive API platform
- E-commerce capabilities
Litmos is a robust Learning Management System (LMS) that employees and trainers love to teach and learn from. Online trainers can build courses, assign them to learners and track the results. Litmos is cloud-hosted, which means there is no need to depend on IT department to set it up. It is absolutely free to sign up and start building courses in minutes. Start your trial now.
What is a learning management system?