Compliance Essentials New Zealand – Misleading Conduct and Competition Law (NZ)
Healthy business competition can lead to innovative products and services that better meet the needs of consumers. Yet not all businesses know how to play fair. This course covers important information about the laws related to misleading business practices and anti-competitive conduct. It explains an organisation’s obligation not to engage in unfair practices, and the types of misleading conduct and restrictive trade practices that are prohibited by law. It describes how businesses can meet their legal obligations to compete fairly.
This course is part of a series that delivers key content and relatable scenarios in a sleek, traditional format.
- The legal framework relating to misleading conduct
- Examples of misleading and deceptive conduct
- Key principles of competition law
- The role of the Commerce Commission
- Legal consequences of misleading conduct and competition law breaches