Family Violence Awareness – A Workplace Issue
Worldwide, family and domestic violence is a significant issue affecting many people. Most victims are women, and the effects of family violence can follow these victims into the workforce. In fact, a significant number of people affected by family violence – both men and women – are in paid employment.
This course provides information about family violence awareness and the ways in which it is a workplace issue. It looks at how to recognise signs of family violence and how to support a co-worker who may be affected by it.
- Family and domestic violence and its effects on victims and bystanders
- Potential signs of family violence in and out of work
- Why family violence is a workplace issue
- Ways to support co-workers who may be affected
- Reporting concerns about family violence
- Appropriate support services