Leading Learning – Managing Equality and Diversity
Everybody deserves to be treated fairly at work. Managers and supervisors hold additional responsibilities for workplace equality and diversity by making the expected standards of behavior in the workplace clear, and demonstrating a strong and consistent commitment to a workplace free from discrimination. A proactive, preventative approach to inappropriate workplace behavior is the surest way to mitigate risk and foster a workplace built on safety and respect. This course will give managers tips on implementing effective diversity and inclusion practices. It will also address discrimination and why equality and diversity are so important to the workplace.
- Definition of equality and diversity in employment
- Benefits of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Definition of discrimination
- Common types of discrimination
- Your role in managing equality and diversity
- Key points on implementing effective diversity and inclusion practices