To establish the connection between ADP Workforce and your Litmos account, you will need to obtain Litmos Connector. You can find and purchase this tool in ADP Marketplace. This document explains the process of buying and setting up the Litmos Connector.
How to Purchase and Configure the ADP Connector
- In ADP Marketplace, select ADP Connector for Litmos. Click ‘Buy Now.’ You will be taken to the ‘Create Order’ page.
2. Select the desired number of users for your ADP account. Select ‘Continue.’
3. You will find the Subscription Code field on the Product Custom Attributes page, where you must enter the subscription code.
4. You can find the subscription code for the Connector edition in the Litmos Training account by navigating to Account > Integrations > ADP Integration.
5. Enter the code into the Subscription Code field on your Connector setting screen.
6. Select “Continue.” You will be routed to the “Billing Details” page. Once the billing details are entered, you will proceed to the “Confirm Order” page.
Once the order has been placed for the selected edition, you will be redirected to the “My Apps” page, and the Litmos Training app will display on the page.
Provide Consent to share data with Litmos Training
After clicking on the Litmos Training app tile on the “My Apps” page, you will be routed to an ADP User Consent page. This is where an ADP administrator with “Practitioner” permissions must click “Confirm” to provide Litmos Training app consent to read the user’s basic contact information for single-sign on purposes.
Once this consent has been allowed, this person will sign into Litmos as an Account Owner and will become the Litmos “integration user” for all integration activities (i.e. creating/updating employee records in Litmos Training from ADP WFN). Each user that performs SSO into Litmos from the ADP Marketplace will be required to allow consent for this.
Important Note: The Litmos username for this person will be either the ADP work email address or the ADP associate Id. If there is no work email address on the ADP employee profile for this person, the ADP Associate ID will be used as the Litmos username.
Next, this Account Owner will need to provide consent to the Litmos application to call the ADP WFN Worker Demographics API. This is different from application consent, which is purely for SSO. This person will need to access the ADP Consent Manager to complete these steps.
Once consent has been approved for the Litmos Training app and the Litmos Training API, they will appear as “approved” under the list of applications that have been granted consent.
Assign Employees to the Litmos App or Setup a Quick Link within ADP
To assign the Litmos app to ADP employees in the ADP Marketplace, an ADP administrator will navigate to the “Manage Apps” –> “Assign Apps” and perform the assignment of the Litmos app to ADP employees.
Important Note: Please contact ADP if you do not see your ADP employees in the ADP Marketplace by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to use the ADP Marketplace for single-sign on into Litmos, an alternative option is to setup a “Quick Link” to Litmos on the Home tab in ADP. In order to set this up, you must log into ADP as an Administrator with Practitioner access and then click on the user profile drop-down in the top right corner to access the Configuration menu item:
Once the Configuration menu is opened, an Administrator Portal will show options to configure Pages, Home and Theme. Open “Pages” and then select “Quick Links” to advance to the Quick Links setup:
Once the Quick Link setup is open, click on the “add” sign to open the Quick Link editor. This will open an ADP HTML Editor, where an image icon can be configured to have an HTML link underneath the icon.
- Workforce Now customers will place this link underneath the icon:
- Workforce Now Canada customers will place this link underneath the icon:
- Vantage customers will place this link underneath the icon:
Note: Users can have their Litmos profiles created via ADP SSO. This method will create the profile with their ADP personal email as the Litmos “Username”. To avoid having a profile created via the ADP SSO, complete the first manual sync in Litmos before giving users access to the App in the ADP marketplace or the ADP SSO link.
Once the Quick Link is configured and saved, the Quick Link will display on the “Home” tab under the “Quick Links” panel in ADP for employee access: