Compliance Essentials – Equality and Diversity
When we go beyond the buzzwords and the hype, we see that equality and diversity are simply about levelling the playing field. Being inclusive is about breaking down barriers and stereotypes to get the best out of people and to recruit from the widest possible pools of talent. This course looks at the benefits of an equal and diverse workplace, and why treating people fairly isn’t just good business practice, it’s also the law. Ensure everyone in your workforce understands the damage done by discrimination and why it’s essential to identify and avoid it.
- Beyond the buzzwords – why inclusion, equality and diversity matter
- Employers’ legal liability for discrimination
- Types of discrimination and behaviours that constitute harassment and victimisation
- The impacts of discrimination on victims and organisations
- How to prevent discrimination
- Why equality and diversity are essential for a healthy and productive workplace