Compliance Essentials – Social Media Awareness (UK)
Although most people are using social media for personal reasons, more and more people are starting to use it for work. In fact, even personal social media usage can be connected to and have consequences in the workplace. While social media platforms can bring significant benefits for an organisation, it can have its downsides. To avoid the potentially negative consequences of a social media mishap, it’s necessary for all employees to be social media savvy.
This course is designed to help workers understand what social media is, how our conduct on social media can affect individuals and our employer, and the benefits of a social media policy.
- What is social media
- How conduct outside of work is connected to the workplace
- How social media misuse could affect you and your employer
- The legal issues that arise when using social media
- Consequences due to the lack of social media awareness
- Steps to being more social media aware