Drugs and Alcohol – General Awareness
Studies show that some workers have reported being verbally or physically abused in their workplace or a work-related place by a co-worker, customer or client affected by drugs or alcohol. There’s no doubt that misuse of drugs and alcohol can pose a risk to our safety.
This course covers important information about the impact and risks of drugs and alcohol in the workplace. It outlines signs of drug and alcohol misuse, and underlying reasons for misuse. It also covers workers’ and organisations’ responsibilities in relation to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Impacts of drugs and alcohol on individuals and workplaces
- Behaviour and symptoms that may indicate drug or alcohol misuse
- Underlying reasons why workers misuse drugs and alcohol
- Risks of misuse of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Responsibilities relating to drugs and alcohol in the workplace