Employment Law for Managers – Performance Management Process (UK)
As a manager, it’s important to address performance issues quickly. Left unchecked, they become harder to resolve and impact productivity. Following a formal performance management process helps you manage these issues in a fair and lawful way. This course provides six steps to make the performance management process run smoothly.
This course is part of the Employment Law for Managers series. Each course covers an aspect of people management that can create legal risk if not handled effectively. This series helps managers act ethically, with integrity, while minimising legal risk.
Covered in this course:
- The six steps in a formal performance management process
- Identifying and assessing an employee performance problem
- Conducting performance meetings and use a performance improvement plan
- The importance of engaging the employee in the solution process
- Ways that the performance management process can end