Mental Health in Your Workplace (AU)
Most Australian workers believe mental health in the workplace is important, but only half believe their workplace is mentally healthy. Is your organisation doing what it can to support mental health?
This course raises awareness about accessing support in the workplace for a mental illness, discussing pros and cons of disclosing a mental health condition at work, and types of reasonable adjustments an employer might make. It also looks at how to support a co-worker with a mental health issue, and challenges misconceptions about this area of health. There is a supplementary course on this topic for supervisors and managers.
- Prevalence of mental illness in the workplace
- Pros and cons of disclosing a mental illness in the workplace
- Reasonable adjustments for workers with mental illness
- Potential signs of mental illness in a co-worker
- How to ask a co-worker if they’re OK
- Locate appropriate support services