Transgender Protections in the Workplace (US)
Transgender inclusion and protection is an emerging area for many workplaces. It involves understanding the language, terminology and concepts associated with the transgender community and recognizing some of the issues trans people face. It’s about ensuring transgender workers aren’t subjected to treatment that other workers wouldn’t be, such as personal questions about their bodies and experiences, or discrimination when using the bathroom. This course looks at how your workplace can avoid illegal discrimination, promote inclusion and treat transgender workers with respect.
- Avoid employment discrimination of transgender workers and job applicants
- Learn appropriate and inclusive transgender terminology and language
- Legal rights of transgender people in the workplace
- Benefits of an inclusive and culturally safe workplace
- Ways to promote active inclusion
- Treat transgender co-workers, customers and clients with respect