Understanding the Revenue Cycle at Hospital-Owned Outpatient Offices
This course introduces you to hospital-owned, provider-based offices and other terms used throughout healthcare. It provides you with an understanding of the financial reporting requirements when an office is provider-based, and the specific billing rules and differences that apply to these offices and their revenue cycle.
- After completing this course, you will understand:
- The definition of a hospital-owned entity.
- Requirements for provider-based offices.
- The benefits of having the provider-based status.
- The specific billing rules that pertain to hospital- owned provider-based offices and the differences from a free-standing office.