Overview of Collecting Patient Balances
This course is designed to help you identify common barriers to communication, and provide the tools and tips to break them down. Once the barriers are broken, you’ll be successful in educating the patient in the collection process, and help you successfully obtain the required payment. You’ll also learn what can happen when patient/guarantor balances are not collected as soon as possible.
- At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify common barriers to patient communication.
- List ways to break through communication barriers.
- Recognize the impact of successfully completing the collection process on cash flow.
- Understand communication processes throughout the collection process.
- Improve your correspondence during the collection process.