Food Safety and Hygiene, Level 1 (UK)
Anyone working where food is made, prepared or sold – regardless of whether they handle food – must have a basic understanding of food hygiene in the workplace.
Ensuring your organisation has measures in place to avoid contamination and reduce the risk of foodborne illness and allergic reaction not only keeps consumers safe, it is also required by law.
This training offers an introduction to food hygiene. It aims to raise awareness of the key food safety hazards, and to help employees in your organisation handle food safely and hygienically. Ensure everyone has the food safety training they need with the courses available in our Food Hygiene collection.
Covered in this course:
- Food safety and hygiene basics
- Legal duties to maintain food safety
- Common food safety hazards
- Cross-contamination and allergen awareness
- Personal hygiene, cleanliness and pest control
- Safe storage and temperature for food