HIPAA Business Associate II (Non-Clinical) (US)
HIPAA’s primary goals are to simplify insurance administration and to protect the personal health information (PHI) of individuals. This course provides an overview of HIPAA standards including privacy standards, security standards, and standards for business associates.
- Explain the meaning of HIPAA.
- List the penalties imposed for non-compliance and be familiar with the most common breach types as a means to avoid them.
- Describe the main aspects of the law in regards to electronic transactions, privacy and security.
- Have a clear understanding of the state-specific privacy requirements and/or organizational policies if your organization has opted to include that information here.
- Understand and apply business associate scenarios in a non-clinical setting related to HIPAA.