Information Security Basics
Information security is the practice of preventing unauthorized access to organizational assets including computers, networks, and data. Gone are the days when passwords were enough to protect the system and its data. We all want to protect our personal and professional data, so information security should be a crucial part of your work and your organization’s policies and procedures.
In this course, your employees will learn about information security, the purpose of an information security policy, understand the threats to data and systems, and the important role they play in keeping the organization’s data secure.
Covered in this course:
- What is information security
- The purpose of an information security policy
- Information security threats
- Consequences for violating the information security policy
- Your role in keeping information secure