Microaggressions in the Workplace
A microaggression is a subtle behavior, and often unconsciously or unintentionally expresses a prejudiced attitude toward a member of a minority or marginalized group. As suggested by the name, microaggressions seem small, but over time, they can have a harmful impact on an employee’s experience at work, physical health, and psychological well-being, and can create a continuously hostile work environment.
This course will help employees spot microaggressions, and how to deal with them when they arise in the workplace.
- Definition of microaggressions
- Consequences of microaggressions
- How microaggressions can be unintentionally insulting
- Example of microaggressions in the workplace
- How to deal with microaggressions in the workplace