Privacy – Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act (AU)
Privacy is both a human right and a legal one. In Victoria, the Privacy and Data Protection Act protects individuals’ personal information held by Victorian government agencies. Under this legislation, the Victorian public sector has certain obligations concerning how agencies handle personal information.
This course outlines Victorian public sector privacy law and the legal requirements that apply in relation to personal information, tailored to the Victorian public sector. It also covers privacy breaches and their consequences, and ways to avoid or manage them.
- Legal framework related to privacy in the Victoria public sector
- Information that is protected by privacy law
- Applying the Information Privacy Principles when dealing with personal information
- Privacy breaches and their consequences
- How to avoid and manage breaches of privacy