Reducing the Spread of Infection
Preventing the spread of infection has become an important part of creating a safe and healthy workplace. With a basic understanding of infectious diseases and how they spread, everyone can play their part in reducing the spread of harmful pathogens in the work environment. This course covers the different types of pathogenic organisms and how they get into the body. It explains how infectious diseases spread via the “chain of infection” and simple steps to break the chain. Learn strategies such as hand hygiene, physical distancing and workplace cleanliness to stop the spread of pathogens, and help prevent and control infection at work.
In this course, you will learn the following:
- Reduce the risk of infection in the workplace
- Infectious diseases and common pathogens
- Breaking the chain of infection
- Practical ways to prevent the spread of infection
- Hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, physical distancing and cleanliness