Whistleblower Awareness (NZ)
Making a protected disclosure – or “blowing the whistle” – can help uncover wrongdoing and serves the greater good. Yet, there is still uncertainty and stigma associated with whistleblowing. It’s essential for New Zealand organisations and their employees to understand key concepts related to whistleblowing, particularly the protections afforded to those who make a protected disclosure.
This course builds understanding of whistleblowing and protected disclosures. It covers the roles and responsibilities of workers and organisations, protections afforded to whistleblowers and the importance of implementing effective whistleblower policies and procedures.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Protected disclosures and who can make them
- Distinguishing legitimate business activities from improper conduct
- How to make a protected disclosure
- Protections afforded to whistleblowers
- Responsibilities in making protected disclosures