Workplace Security Basics
It doesn’t take much to accidentally breach workplace security, so knowing the risks and the procedures to follow is essential for employees at every level of an organization. Holding the door for someone to enter the building or opening a suspicious email attachment are just two everyday examples of potential security breaches.
This course looks at some of the most common physical and cyber security threats to an organization and how these can be managed. It describes the importance of following security policies to prevent both physical and cyber security incidents.
Covered in this course:
- Importance of physical and cyber security
- How physical security measures can help prevent cybersecurity breaches
- Common security threats
- The risks of everyday tools such as email
- How and why to report security incidents
- Importance of following security policies and procedures
- Employees’ role in maintaining workplace security