Workplace Violence and Bullying Prevention for Managers (CA)
Workplace bullying is prohibited by federal and provincial health and safety legislation. Managers and supervisors play an important role in ensuring employers meet their legal obligation to provide a workplace free from bullying.
This course outlines managers’ responsibilities to prevent violence and bullying behaviour, model appropriate conduct and handle complaints effectively. Using a hypothetical workplace scenario, learners reflect on management decisions and discover ways to promote an anti-bullying culture.
See other courses in this series on preventing sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Managers’ responsibility to address and prevent bullying and violence in the workplace
- Difference between reasonable management actions and bullying
- The direct and indirect costs of bullying to employers and employees
- Respond appropriately to allegations of workplace bullying
- Managers’ duty to lead by example and promote positive behaviours