Alcohol and Drugs at Work (UK)
Drug and alcohol misuse has serious implications for employees’ health, safety and performance in the workplace, and a detrimental impact on work colleagues and the organisation as a whole. However, that’s not to say that those who misuse drugs and/or alcohol should necessarily be demonised or not treated fairly. This course will cover the impact of drug and alcohol misuse, explain safe management of prescription drugs in the workplace and provide ways in which an organisation may provide support for its employees with a drug or alcohol dependency.
- What an alcohol and drugs policy is and what it means for you
- The impact of drug and alcohol misuse on employees, colleagues and the organisation
- General rules on alcohol and drugs in the workplace and the consequences of non-compliance
- Safe management of prescription drugs in the workplace
- Employers’ obligations for ensuring health and safety in the workplace
- How an employer may support employees who have a genuine problem with drug or alcohol dependency