Compliance Essentials – Workplace Violence and Bullying Prevention (CA)
Even though bullying and harassment might be different from a legal point of view, for a victim, both these behaviours are upsetting and distressing and can be damaging to life in and out of work. For perpetrators and employers who allows this type of behaviour to occur, this conduct can lead to serious consequences. This course is designed to raise awareness of workplace violence, harassment and bullying, including the differences and overlaps, the legal, physical and psychological ramifications of harassment and bullying, and what to do if you encounter this kind of conduct in the workplace.
- What constitutes bullying and harassment in Canada
- How this kind of conduct occurs
- Legal implications of bullying, harassment and workplace violence
- Your employer’s role in preventing workplace violence and bullying
- Impact on victims, witnesses and employers
- What you can do if you are bullied or harassed in the workplace