Employment Law for Managers – Meeting about Misconduct (UK)
Appropriate conduct contributes to a positive workplace culture and helps organisations run effectively. Addressing an employee’s misconduct can be daunting, but it’s an essential part of people management. This course provides guidance for managers on conducting an employee meeting about misconduct.
This course is part of the Employment Law for Managers series. Each course covers an aspect of people management that can create legal risk if not handled effectively. This series helps managers act ethically, with integrity, while minimising legal risk.
Covered in this course:
- Determining if employee behaviour qualifies as misconduct that requires disciplinary action
- Preparing for a meeting with an employee about misconduct
- Addressing a misconduct issue in a fair and equitable way with the employee
- Encouraging feedback and discussion in a misconduct meeting
- Possible outcomes of a misconduct meeting with an employee
- Pitfalls to avoid in a misconduct meeting to limit conflict and achieve a constructive outcome