Impostor syndrome can affect anyone. Regardless of experience, skills, status or abilities, people from all walks of life can often feel overwhelmed by intense self-doubt. In this course we shed some light on the pervasive but often under-examined topic of imposter syndrome. Specifically, we will uncover exactly what the phenomenon is, the typical signs and symptoms, how and why someone may be afflicted by it, as well as offer some actionable advice and coping strategies.
- Define the concept of impostor syndrome
- Identify the signs and symptoms
- Understand the different people it may affect
- Assess and evaluate your own behavior and thoughts
- Understand the different therapeutic techniques and coping strategies for impostor syndrome