Introduction to Working Safely
Despite general improvements in workplace health and safety over the past decade, people continue to get hurt whilst at work. This is largely due to risk taking behaviours and complacency. Therefore, it is vital for employers and employees to understand their legal and personal responsibilities in maintaining workplace health and safety.
In this course, we will look at the importance of workplace health and safety and the thinking and behaviours that lead to workplace accidents.
Covered in this course:
- Workplace health and safety legislation
- Understanding the importance of working safely
- Common behaviours that create workplace accidents
- The theory of risk-taking
- Consequences of our actions at work