Adaptive Suite New Zealand – Consumer Law (NZ)
All consumers have rights when buying goods or services online, in a shop or over the phone. These rights come under the Fair Trading Act (FTA). This course covers important information about consumers’ rights and businesses’ obligations in relation to the FTA, Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA) and the Commerce Act. The course explores some common situations where knowledge of the FTA, CGA and Commerce Act is beneficial for workers and their organisations.
This course is part of a series that uses adaptive learning technology to address knowledge gaps. Content is delivered in an engaging way through a social media format.
- Key legislation and consumer law principles
- The role of the Commerce Commission
- The rights of consumers in different types of transactions
- Consequences for organisations and workers when consumer laws are breached
- Adaptive learning technology cuts down seat time and gives personalised training