Assess and Learn – Electronic Communications and Social Media (CA)
Social media and electronic communication have blurred the boundaries between our work and personal lives. While the online and informal nature of these resources can give the impression that they’re beyond the reach of the law – they’re not. This video-based course uses adaptive learning technology to identify knowledge gaps and deliver only the content learners need to know. It covers appropriate and inappropriate use of electronic communication and social media, how and when there’s a connection to the workplace, and the consequences of misuse and ways to prevent it.
- The circumstances in which an employee’s online communication might be considered connected to the workplace
- How this technology can enable discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Legal obligations and appropriate management of intellectual property and confidentiality
- Practical strategies for managing the use of electronic communication and social media associated with the workplace
- Legal consequences of misuse and how to prevent unlawful and illegal conduct
- Adaptive learning technology reduces seat time and gives personalized training