California COVID Safety at Work (US)
California has adopted a general safety order that imposes emergency temporary Cal/OSHA standards that are specific to COVID-19 infection prevention in the workplace. These standards apply to most workers in California. Employers covered by the new standards must provide effective training and instruction to employees on COVID-19 and infection prevention.
This course covers how COVID-19 is spread, COVID-19 symptoms, infection prevention techniques (including physical distancing, face coverings, and hand washing), and general information on COVID related benefits under federal and state law. It meets the requirements for the general information that an employer must provide employees under the new standards.
Use this course as a training resource to supplement site-specific training to comply with the emergency temporary COVID-19 standards.
- Comply with Cal/OSHA emergency temporary standards for employee training about COVID-19
- Raise awareness about the COVID-19 policy and procedures for your workplace
- COVID-19 related benefits that workers may be entitled to
- COVID-19, its symptoms, and how it spreads
- Prevent the spread of COVID-19 with physical distancing, face covers, hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, personal hygiene, and workplace hygiene