Combatting Modern Slavery (AU)
Modern slavery is a serious crime where individuals are subject to exploitative work practices that are a violation of human rights.
This course is designed to help those in leadership, management, procurement and risk management roles in Australia who are involved in identifying, assessing and addressing modern slavery risks. It describes the impacts of modern slavery on an organisation, identifies ways to mitigate the risks, and explains how to report on modern slavery within your organisation’s operations and supply chains.
- Definition and forms of modern slavery
- Impacts of modern slavery on business
- Victims of modern slavery
- Statutory obligations including mandatory reporting
- Consequences of ignoring modern slavery risks