Compliance Essentials – Occupational Health and Safety (CA)
Occupational health and safety might seem like common sense.
But sadly, many accidents, injuries, and even fatalities still happen in Canadian workplaces every year. Health and safety aren’t only important in high-risk industries – every workplace has hazards that need to be addressed. Understanding common hazards and taking simple steps to address them can help reduce incidents, prevent accidents and avoid injuries. As well as practical advice, this course covers workers’ and employers’ legal duties in relation to health and safety, along with the federal or provincial government regulations and the workers’ compensation scheme.
- Common safety and health hazards
- Practical steps to avoid safety and health violations
- Workers’, employers’ and regulators’ legal duties for workplace safety
- Workers’ rights in relation to safety and health
- Responding to hazards and filing complaints