Equity and Diversity for Managers (CA)
A workplace is more equitable when employees aren’t discriminated against because of irrelevant personal characteristics. Managers play an important role in modelling fairness and respect, and ensuring employers meet their legal obligations to be fair and equitable.
This course outlines managers’ responsibilities to prevent discrimination, promote inclusion and handle complaints effectively. It presents a hypothetical workplace scenario that requires learners to reflect on management decisions and explore their outcomes.
See other courses in this series about sexual harassment and bullying prevention.
- Managers’ responsibility to address and prevent discrimination in the workplace
- The direct and indirect costs of discrimination to employers and employees
- How to reduce the risk of discrimination occurring in your workplace
- Respond appropriately to allegations of discrimination
- Managers’ duty to promote equity and diversity and lead by example