Culture Series – When Gifts Create a Conflict of Interest
Gift giving is a normal part of doing business, but that doesn’t mean it’s straightforward. In fact, it can be outright complicated. What is an acceptable gift to give or receive at work? Is it appropriate to give a gift during or after business negotiations? When does a gift or gratuity become a bribe? Using real-life situations and interactive design, this course helps to answer these questions and more, ensuring everyone in the organization is clear on acceptable gift giving.
Check out all the courses in the Culture Series, aimed at building positive and compliant workplace cultures through everyday behavior change.
Covered in this course:
- Avoid conflicts of interest by understanding acceptable workplace gifts
- Recognize bribery and why it’s a global workplace issue
- The line between gifts and bribes
- The importance of a clear code of conduct and gift giving policy
- Acceptable gift giving checklist
- Interactive decision-making bribery scenario