HIPAA Employer Senior Executives (2019)
This course is for an employer with a group health plan and specifically for senior executives. This is an overview course that serves as an annual refresher course for senior executives who have already taken a HIPAA course in previous years. It’s also good for those those that have very limited and/or sporadic access to Protected Health Information (PHI). This course covers the federal law and the different sets of federal regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), as well as common scenarios to help executives understand the implications of HIPAA.
- Explain the meaning of HIPAA.
- List the penalties imposed for non-compliance and be familiar with the most common breach types as a means to avoid them.
- Describe the main aspects of the law in regards to electronic transactions, privacy and security.
- Have a clear understanding of the state-specific privacy requirements and/or organizational policies if your organization has opted to include that information here.
- Describe specific situations involving the privacy and security rules and take the necessary steps to comply with the regulations.