HIPAA Privacy and Security 101 (US)
HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It’s a set of standards that help to protect people’s health information from being shared without their consent. Since coming into effect, healthcare and technology have evolved significantly; HIPAA has changed too. Anyone working in healthcare, either directly or as a third party, must understand how to handle health information in compliance with HIPAA. This course covers the basics of HIPAA privacy, security and breach notification rules, as well as how to avoid and report breaches. It can be used as a refresher, or as an introduction to the HIPAA privacy and security requirements.
In this course, you will learn:
- Purpose of HIPAA in protecting PHI (Protected Health Information)
- HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- HIPAA breach notification rule
- Security tips to avoid breaches
- Comply with HIPAA when handling PHI