HIPAA Privacy and Security 101 (US)
HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It’s a set of standards that help to protect people’s health information from being shared without their consent. Everyone working in healthcare, either directly or as a third party, must understand how to handle health information in compliance with HIPAA.
In this course, you will learn:
- Purpose of HIPAA in protecting PHI (Protected Health Information)
- HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- HIPAA breach notification rule
- Security tips to avoid breaches
- Comply with HIPAA when handling PHI