Informed Consent: Demystifying This Important Document
This course will take you through the history of consents and give you an understanding not only of why the practice began, but also of important information such as which items are typically covered in a consent.
- What regulatory agencies audit consent to treat, and why their audits are important.
- What the categories of consents are, and the differences between implied and informed consent.
- Who has the right to give consent for treatment for an individual patient and what documentation is needed to support that right.
- What the content of a to treatform contains.
- How best to explain a consent to treat.