International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Compliance (US)
It probably goes without saying, but there are undoubtedly a lot of rules when it comes to exporting (and importing) weapons and other military equipment, and related technologies/technical data, and rightly so. One such set of rules within the US applies to the sharing of military and space products and information to non-US persons. These are the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR. If your company is involved in the export or sharing of defense articles – at any stage of the supply chain – you must be compliant. This course will help, by looking at definitions, licenses, and compliance best practice.
Covered in this course:
- What is ITAR?
- The regulations and impact on businesses
- Mandated export licensing
- Classifying products exported
- Commodity Jurisdiction request processing
- Violations – fines and penalties
- Export Compliance Programs