Law at Work – Privacy (AU)
When we hand over our private information, such as financial or health records, we expect that businesses will keep it private. When a business doesn’t take the necessary precautions or act with integrity, that private information is put at risk. This course covers important information about privacy law and an organisation’s obligations concerning privacy. It looks at how businesses should apply privacy principles and deal with privacy breaches, and the steps individuals and businesses can take if a privacy breach occurs.
This course is part of a series that uses video-based storytelling to encourage decision making and foster behavioural change.
- Why privacy law is important
- Sources of privacy law in Australia
- Information protected by privacy law and subject to additional regulation
- How to apply appropriate privacy guidelines when managing personal information
- Consequences of breaching privacy law
- How to manage breaches of privacy