Office Spelling – Confusing Homonyms, Compounds and Negative Formations
Give careful attention to your use of the English language. The ability to write and speak correctly is very important to a business career; as you improve your speech, you will also naturally improve your business success. Many writers frequently misuse or misspell words. Some of these errors may not matter for colloquial use but are incorrect for formal speech and writing, which is the only kind you should use in business.
- Commonly confused homonyms
- Differences between American and British spelling
- Correct use of compound words
- Correct use of punctuation when writing numbers
- Correct use of negative formations