Privacy Awareness – New South Wales Public Sector (AU)
In the digital age, there’s a heightened focus on privacy and the way that organisations around the world use and protect personal information. For employees in the public sector in NSW, this means complying with two laws: the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (PPIP Act) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act (HRIP Act). This course looks at the information protection principles (IPPs) and the health privacy principles (HPPs) set out in these Acts, the type of information they protect, and how they must be applied to prevent a privacy breach.
- The legal framework related to privacy in the NSW public sector
- Types of information protected under the PPIP and HRIP Acts
- The Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) under the PPIP Act
- The Health Privacy Principles (HPPs) under the HRIP Act
- Consequences of a breach of NSW privacy legislation
- Avoid and manage breaches of privacy