Let’s face it. No-one’s gonna try and hack the mainframe and encrypt the proxy and defrag the flux capacitor if they can just extract the password from the receptionist. This, in a nutshell, is social engineering. But never fear, a wise workforce is a secure one. This animated course looks at the tricks and techniques used by cyber-criminals to gather valuable information from unsuspecting employees. It covers the who, what and why of social engineering, and importantly, how to avoid falling victim to an attack.
Covered in this course:
- What is social engineering
- Who are “social engineers” and why are they trying to steal data
- Common social engineering techniques and tactics
- The principles and psychology used to persuade people
- Effective preventative measures for organizations and individuals
- Be forewarned and forearmed